Pages

Saturday, November 26, 2011

Gratitude

Its now the day after black friday. I did that once-turns out I'm too tired to care about the sales because of all the checkout lines and the gosh dang early morningness of the whole thing. Anyways, Travis is a cyber shopper and so yesterday he got up early to buy us a fancy vacuume (the one we got free when we got married just doesn't quite cut it-and this one will last us the next 20 yrs of mairrage right?). We got it on the sears website then went and picked it up at their merchandise warehouse behind the store. Its great! Plan yesterday was to not go spend our money, but to write the thankyou's we still have to write from our wedding and to put up the Christmas Tree. The thankyous are still a work in progress, and so is the Christmas tree.
Ha-no surprise there. We did however rearrange and re organize our cluttered apartment. Today I'm headed out to donate blood, and tomorrow we will be watching the borrego's again.

In honor of the thanksgiving festivities (see, this girl appricates thanksgiving and lets it linger while still very excitedly preparing for Christmas) I'm going to write of list of what I'm thankful for (because I meant to do it two days ago but was busy making pumpkin pie and spending time with in-laws and my familia).

First I'd like to say that I'm thankful for my wonderful husband. My parents have a tradition of putting up Christmas Lists, and this year, I think I have all the I want or need. I have Travis. Lifesgood!

I'm thankful for my job. I love working as a medical assistant, and I love the People I work with, I LOVE my provider I follow-and I love having health insurance and an income.

I'm thankful for Our Housing. That we still qualify for low income housing allows us a moreflexible budget, and therefore while still relatively poor we do live rather richly and can build our savings.

I'm thankful for our Car-(and that my husband lets me use it). Travis rides the bus to and from Campus because thats where all his classes/work is, and therefore I have the car available to get to and from my work, classes, dance work, and church callings. That car is verymuch appricated

I'm thankful for school-and that both Travis and I are almost done! YAY!

I'm grateful for church callings! Through serving I am learning and growing.

I'm grateful for our Families. That they are safe, and healthy.

I'm grateful for friends-they make our lives more filling.

I'm grateful for the Gospel of Jesus Christ, restored to the earth by living prophets and apostles.

I'm grateful for those prophets and apostles and their wise counsel and continued faith and service

I'm grateful for the peace in my life that comes from the gospel of Jesus Christ.

I'm grateful for the knowledge and blessings of eternal families.

I'm grateful for the atonement of Jesus Christ. Through his sacrifice I have a chance at returning to live with God.

I'm gratful for the power of righteous prayer-and that prayers are answered.

I'm grateful for the scriptures and the increase of joy I find in my life as I search these sacred books and apply the ancient but true principles of righteousness to my life

I'm grateful for a body-despite my continued arguments with it about being allergic and having asthma episodes, we get along with eachother pretty well and it continues to treat me well in all other aspects of homeostasis.

I'm grateful for Alaska. It may be cold, but everyday as I go to work I see in its natural element what people can only try to recreate for Christmas Cards. Thomas Kinkade don't got nothing on us! (Plus, being Alaskan, I've received a bonus check every year of my life-YAY PFD!)

I'm grateful for our Country. And the service of those who protect our rights and freedoms.

I'm also thankful for goals and dreams. Theres so much I've acheived because of goals and dreams, and so much to look forward to!

Have a wonderful holdiay season!


2 comments:

Erin Evans said...

You're still writing thank you notes? Haha didn't you get married like 9 months ago?

Melanie said...

Yes, I've been married 8 months and 25 days, and I'm still writing thank you notes. My mother in law is beside herself with shock and dissapointment, my plan is to get them out with a Christmas letter. :( I'm a horrible person.