This is very very thought provoking. I'm not a fan of weapons, I don't like the idea, or the concept, but this young womans story is a very compelling argument for the right to bear arms.
Though her story is tragic, and I see how and why she feels the way she does,
I must argue that if she had had her gun that day,
I don't think it would have turned out any different.
What if
is a horrible question.
You can drive your self to madness asking that.
On the topic of our 2nd amendment however,
If I were a weapon carrying person,
first, it would definitely be concealed,
and second, I would want it with me.
That would be the whole purpose, is to have it in case.
To not be allowed to carry on campus or where ever would defeat my purpose in owning a weapon.
In light of today's events (shooting at Virginia Tech) it is worth thinking about.
Police officers don't go anywhere with out their guns-its for a reason.
The second amendment is also there for a reason.
After discussing the topic with my brilliant husband we decided the solution to the problem is simple. People should have the right to bear arms, but should first have to take a course and pass that course to get a licence to bear their arms. I say, that course should teach people how to immobilize an attacker, rather than just how to hit a target.
And then, the other solution is to use other means of immobilizing first.
I'm gonna ask Santa for a purse sized Tazer. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment