Pages

Saturday, December 14, 2013

2nd Trimester Sum up

14 weeks ????  All I can remember from this time is that not everyone knew yet.....but they started finding out.  And some had suspected but weren't sure and wanted to hear it from me to confirm.  So this is about when I really started broadcasting our happy news.  Throwing it in conversation casually like a pro.  This is also when I started my Yoga class, and it was life changing.  Started feeling SO much better.  Still dizzy, still nauseated, not throwing up as frequently.   But obnoxious dizzy. Yoga deep breathing can sometimes help this effect, sometimes aggravate it.  When I got out of my first YOGA class though, it seemed like the world was a new and happy place.  IDK if you saw much of me during the first Trimester, but--though HAPPY to be finally having a baby, there was alot going on, and I was very uncomfortable, and I didn't look happy/feel happy.  Yoga gave me my happy back.  All that good energy ooohms and bringing it in to the heart and then breathing out anything that doesn't serve me.  I'm convinced YOGA is now a way of life.  Call me a yogi.

15 weeks
16 weeks

15 weeks ???  (I should have been writing/updating this post weekly like I did for the first trimester-we'll say that this is the week pregnancy brain showed up and memory lapses started.  Things are getting busy now with school in session, watching kiddos, and helping with the LHS dance team/teaching for BDCF, gearing up.

16 weeks ????  Grampa passed away this week.  Thats about all I remember happening then.  Sad week, mixed with the happy feelings of getting to see everyone next week,

18 weeks
17 weeks
17 weeks That trip to Utah is just what the Dr ordered.  Sadly, its because Grampa Elmer passed away....  On the bright side ALL your family will be there.  All 10 of the Ted and Laura Elmer children and all 49 of the grandchildren (minus cousin Alex) will be there, I think all 18 of the great grandchildren are present as well, plus three babies in utero.  (YOURS INCLUDED!)  Aside from cousin Alex, and a few spouses, this is the only time everyone has been gathered together at the same time in 20+ years.  Additionally all of Grampas siblings, and all of Grama's siblings are there.  Its okay to want to take a nap.  Its okay to obsess over that kitten Amanda finds in the field, it is the same size as your growing baby this week.   Its only natural for your tender maternal heart to want to protect it.  He likes cuddling, his purring will melt you.
You'll also get maternity garments this week-sweet sweet relief.  Yes, they are a bit frumpy, but nothing is cutting across your tummy.

18 weeks
Hold on to your Zofran kids, the nausea is back!  Its not as bad as before.  You will need to pee alot.  Also, guess what!  Ultrasound time, and drumroll please you are having a

Back to that forgetfullness, today you totally failed at driving.  Hello???  Wake up!  Can we blame the Zofran?  Thank those guardian angels-both yours and the ones watching out for everyone else on the rd.  How bout you take tomorrow to yourself and just grab a nap...

19weeks.  Still dizzy, but now after the ultra sound you know when HE is kicking.  HE does it alot.
19 weeks
20 weeks

20 weeks ?  more maternity shirts.  Yay for friends of friends who are cleaning out their closet.

21 weeks?  Feeling good!  Feeling large.  You'll see that lady at Bro Tanners Funeral and she's much closer to her due date than you, she looks great, but you cry inside thinking about how much more your kid has to grow, and then you have to push him out.  I just remember thinking "I am going to get SO uncomfortable!"

22 weeks-your still throwing up.  Hang in there, it does get better.

22 weeks


26 weeks
25 weeks
23 weeks-just hold out another week longer.  Hunger isn't your friend.  Eating is.  You'll get into a rythm for this just in time for the big storm and 24 hr power outage.  Hang in there, the fruit juice helps-buuuut you'll be really gassy.  Sorry!

24 weeks-Chiropractor is great.

25 weeks Have to tell dance class that your sorry you can't demonstrate it, but they need to keep their backs flat (holding pelvis in during steps is painful)

26 weeks-He's dancing all over your bladder.  Going through a growth spurt.  Don't over do it on hosting thanksgiving.  Go to sleep, don't feel bad for taking naps, its okay to cancel that private lesson.  You can slow down, especially on the ice.  Don't wear your slippers, it hurts when you slip.  Pedicure for your birthday is a good investment.  You deserve it.

27 weeks-You may still have heightened sense of smell/less control over your gag reflex still.  Thought you were good, but, you loose breakfast this week.  Better stay ahead of the dishes, playing catch up is not fun.

No comments: