Pages

Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Birthing Class

We did it, we went to a birthing class, and I'm glad we did.

Theres this hip squeeze that I know is going to be fantastic.  It works by having the labor partner squeeze the upper crests of the pelvis together thus opening and relieving some of the pressure on the lower pelvis where baby is trying to push through.  When Travis learned how to do it, I didn't notice the change right away  and wasn't so sure about it, but when he released the pressure and my pelvis took the pressure back on, oh my goodness I wanted him to start squeezing my hips again.  Big difference noted that way.

Anyways, it was all just very informative and I think helped me formulate exactly what some of my questions and expectations are.  I'm not scared of needles or anything, and medical procedures are perfectly fine by me, no real qualms with traditional medicine here, I just, really really really want to do this as naturally as possible.  I'm a little anxious for my appt later this week because so far baby has not been head down, and in my heart I know that a breech delivery is not a very safe option, and that I would end up in cesarian, and though that is a fine way to go, I just really don't want to (expensive, more challenging recovery, major abdominal surgery....).  So, say a prayer for me and baby that he gets head down.  :)


No comments: