He stopped at the end of the day, knelt down next to me sitting in the chair, and just asked me questions and listened while I talked.
He fixed the pipes in the garage today, with minimal help from me. Even telling me "just go take care of Charley." I should be better at helping with home repairs and DIY fixes, but they stress me out, and I don't like it. He didn't push.
He doesn't complain to me about my failings
He confides in me
He appreciates my efforts.
He asks me to go everywhere with him (which sometimes drives me nuts, but it's his idea of showing love, just being there for company)
He wants to take time to tell me how he fixed his delicious tea. And forgives me when I impatiently brush him aside because I'm late to something else.
He encourages me to do what makes me happy
He shares with me things that interest him
I sure hope I can get better at showing him my love. He's pretty good at it. It may not be roses and surprise getaways here, but my Travis is constant, tender, self sacrificing and just so kind. I love him so very much, and need to remember more frequently, and express more freely how much I believe that I am the luckiest girl in the world to have his affection.


No comments:
Post a Comment