However, I was inmediately offered a new calling-in the young women's presidency. And while I am happy and excited I am also very scared! I've just been really emotional! I don't think it's that I'm so sad about no longer being in the primary at this time-while I am sad to not see those crazy precious little tender hearts everyweek, they are physically exhausting. And there is some slight relief in the release from that responsibility. But no, I think the emotional sensitivities I've been feeling have been a small gift from a father in heaven who really really really loves his sweet young daughters who are at this time in their lives of self discovery and definition. I think I told Travis that while I have this calling I am just going to be a little more emotional than normal. I can tell from reviewing some of the leadership materials that I am going to grow a lot from my time in young women's as I strive to be an example and a friend and leader to these beautiful faithful young girls. I am going to be working with an amazing lady as a president who I know I can learn so much from. And while as a youth I probably coasted through on my personal progress and exaggerated some efforts here and there only limiting myself, I now recognize exactly how wonderful a program it is, and can see exactly how I can benefit from the personal progress program as I get to gothrough it again with greater perspective and integrity to myself. I read these leadership and young women's program materials and I think of the challenges I faced as a young women and what the girls now might be facing-and I am just so overwhelmed. I don't know if I've ever felt so humble and dependent on the lord, yet simultaneously thrilled at the prospects of what is in store for me and how this might positively affect my heart and home.
Heavenly Father sure does know our hearts, and I just hope and pray that my efforts can rise to the occasion of the assignment I'm called. I hope the decisions I'm making and the sacrifices will be what's best for my family. I have been on the fence about whether or not to continue teaching ballroom, but now it is in conflict with my calling and I feel like that may be the answer I prayed for, but the thought terrifies me. Dance instruction has been the only consistent work I have had for the last 5 years. But I prayed about what to do, and then this calling came, and I feel like this is right. In my blessing today while being set apart it said that my sacrifices and efforts would be acknowledged and appriciafed-and I probably let need to remember that that may only be by the Lord.
Anyways, among other things, I'm excited for what the future holds. Travis turns 30 tomorrow, he graduates with his masters in a few weeks, his project is done and summer is coming. Life is great.
No comments:
Post a Comment