Pages

Sunday, September 25, 2011

Learning to Walk

So, I didn't get to go to the RS Broadcast yesterday, and I havn't yet had the oppourtunity to watch it (about to do that) but the uplifting message I read while Travis was fixing some church clerk computers was out of Brad Wilcox's book, "the Continuous Atonement." The part I loved was this:(yep, I'm sharing,m cuz sharing is caring.)

"little children don't learn to walk in a day. Between the time a child is carried in a parents arms and the great day when he is running on his own, there is a lot of hand holding, baby stepping, and falling. For a child to learning to walk, falling down may not be desireable, but the lessons learned from it are.
Similarly, before we came to the world, God knew we had progressed as far as we were able without any earthly expirience. He could no longer carry us by keeping us in his presence. It was time for his children to learn how to walk on their own. Thats why He lovingly placed us here--accross the room so to speak--and stepped just beyond our reach, all the while beckoning us to come. He knew the tumbles that awaited us. He knew the ups and downs ahead. That's why He planned for our older brother to hold our hands, lift us up, and guide us accross the room back to his outstreched arms. We left those arms crawling. We can return to them running."

Oh how I long to run. Sometimes it seems I'm constantly on my butt, and like running won't ever happen, but I know in whom I trust. And with Faith and work and patience, I have hope for that glorious day when I can run. That is all for now. I think I'm gonna try and watch that broadcast I hear so many wonderful things about.

No comments: