Forgot to mention, I got off work one day last week, made it to campus to get Travis from work, and on our way home, stopped at a light, looked left, right, and left again before commencing my R turn onto University Ave, was watching the L (to avoid any oncoming traffic) and then Travis said "MeeeeEEEElanie!!" So I turned my head and my heart dropped, I hit the brake but mangaged to still tap that poor frightened looking girl on her bike! :( Worst feeling ever! I was frozen there looking around like a scared rabbit trying to figure out what happened and where she came from, meanwhile she made her way safely to the other side of the cross walk (Which I observed did not have the Go signal but the stop signal very well lit) I rolled down the window and choked out "A-a-are you okay?" "Yes" was her reply as she was assesing her leg and her bike, "Are you sure?" I asked" "and she nodded in relief apparently deciding that she was in fact okay. And then we drove off, and I am still terrified of Right turns.
To be fair,
Travis caught himself of fire a few months ago!
He was putting a pizza in the oven, and then closed the door, and we were standing there facing eachother and talking, and we both noticed it, but he after about a min said "Does something smell like its burning to you?" "Yeah" I replied. He looks around, and then I saw the flames...
"Travis, there, there!"
"Where?" he asked as he waved around the oven mitt fueling the flame. "OH!"
And he blew it out.
We then laughed, because that was kinda like the cartoons how it all happened so fast and the surprise and shock. Anyways.....
We are such a threat to society.
No comments:
Post a Comment