"The Lord takes many away, even in infancy,
that they may escape the envy of man,
and the sorrows and evils of this present world;
they were too pure, too lovely, to live on earth;
therefore, if rightly considered,
instead of mourning we have reason to rejoice as they are delivered from evil,
and we shall soon have them again."
And quoting Joesph Smith, Elder Bowen, an apostle of the Lord Jesus Christ spoke in October regarding children, and the loss of such. Like the Prophet Joseph, Elder Bowen's remarks were of empathy and compassion as he too spoke from poignant experience. Is not the Lord Merciful? That he would inspire modern revelation to comfort us in such trying days? Elder Bowen, continued his talk titled, "Because I live, Ye shall Live also" by saying,
"I would like to speak to those who have lost a child and have asked the question,
“Why me?”
or maybe even questioned your own faith in a loving Father in Heaven.
It is my prayer that by the power of the Holy Ghost,
I may bring some measure of hope, of peace, and of understanding.
It is my desire to be an instrument
in bringing about a restoration of your faith in our loving Father in Heaven,
who knows all things and allows us to experience trials
so that we can come to know and love Him
and understand that without Him we have nothing."
I just want to add my testimony to his,
"I testify that this life is not the end.
The spirit world is real.
The teachings of the prophets regarding life after death are true.
I have learned that the bitter,
almost unbearable pain can become sweet as you turn to your Father in Heaven
and plead for His comfort that comes through His plan; His Son, Jesus Christ;
and His Comforter, who is the Holy Ghost.
What a glorious blessing this is in our lives.
Wouldn't it be tragic if we didn't feel great sorrow when we lose a child?
How grateful I am to my Father in Heaven that He allows us to love deeply and love eternally.
How grateful I am for eternal families.
How grateful I am that He has revealed once again through His living prophets
the glorious plan of redemption."
There is a song we learned in Primary when I was little, and it has stayed close to my heart as is was one of my dads favorites, and it came out just a few months before he died. The words bring me comfort today as they did then, while today I reflect on the Massacre in Connecticut at Sandy Hook Elementary. It goes,
"Isaiah says,
Jehovah has borne our griefs and sorrows.
He will raise me,
He will save me thru His love.
Isaiah says,
Jehovah was wounded for all our sins.
He will heal me,
He will seal me thru His love.
Isaiah says,
Jehovah can wash red sins to whiteness.
He will cleanse me,
He will claim me thru His love."
I pray for peace and comfort to the survivors and the families of today's tragedy.
No comments:
Post a Comment