This years Christmas was AMAZING. I must say, amazing.
I love having a house. Tomorrow we go sign the closing documents. **SQUEAL OF JOY!**
Even cooler, I found out that the first payment won't be until February-which is kinda like a blessing-help with the new utilities cost adjustments from our previous budget. Oy.
But, being here, in a home, our home, was fantastic. It may have gotten crazy, but I loved having my family and Travis' parents over. We woke up, Travis all giddy and excited to open presents. So much fun to occasionally see him act like a kid again.
We had a nice french toast breakfast and then just a lazy day while playing with new toys. Travis got me a guitar. I love it. Already working on a few little hymns to keep me practicing and interested in learning new chords (cuz learning cords alone is boring!)
Also under the tree was a hot air popcorn machine, and a fondue fountain. Very excited about those.
For dinner we had turkey, ham, stuffing, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, salad, green bean casserole, rolls, and Cindy's delicious cranberry apple marshmallow desert.
The greatest fun of all was probably Christmas eve, our big surprise visitor! We went to my mom's house for dinner and when we arrived were told to go upstairs with our eyes closed, and then to open them--when we did we saw Robin sitting on the Couch! Kim Ivie bought her a ticket and they kept is secret and surprised all of us.
Anyways, I just wanted to take a minute and jot down some memories from this year-it really was grand. In all honesty, last year was sorta a let down, but this year really felt like Christmas. I look forward to many more to come!
No comments:
Post a Comment