"They will be restless spirits for they are great spirits."
Though patriarchal blessings are intended for personal benefit and instruction regarding the plot and possibilities within our own life, and this statement refers to those spirits I'm so anxiously waiting to meet and call my own, I think from my experience in primary thus far, I can say that it extends to all heavenly fathers children.
What I know-about the commandment to be like unto a little child, is that little children desire to please. They truly and honestly want to do the right thing. Even if they think they want to be rebellious, I've witnessed the softening of hearts who would seem defiant-the melting and joy on their face when they know they've done the right thing.
These restless spirits are such an inspiration to me. I think of where they are now, and where I was then, and how unkind the world has revealed itself to be. Things that they can't even imagine lay ahead of them, both good and bad. They just want to do the right thing. Its humbling to be put in a position of stewardship to guide them.
What did I need to know? I learned the basics in primary. I hope I can help them to feel our Fathers love, and I hope they will learn that no matter what happens they are not alone. I hope they will come to know that God is real, that Christ is their Savior. I hope they will know that in the moments which will challenge them most if they turn to him in faith he will not leave them comfortless. I hope they know that their best is sufficient because of the infinite and all encompassing blessings of the atonement, but when they do less than their best they can make it better and learn and grow. I hope they will know how to recognize truth, and how to stand up to temptations and be ready to face the mortal experiences with courage and faith. I hope they will know that God keeps his promises, and I hope they will be able to recognize our fathers tender mercies and blessings.
I'm excited for the opportunity to work with the kids and our amazing Primary President/presidency. I pray that I'll be forgiven for my short comings and that I might be of some influence for good.
No comments:
Post a Comment