"It is the order of this council that you do not speak the name of Jesus, or teach in the name of Jesus, violation of this order will bring punishment upon you, according to the law."
My uncle shared this video, and it is one in the series of new bible videos put out by the Church about the life and ministry of Christ. I had not seen this one yet, and those first moments hit me.
There are men today who would criminalize my testimony and faith.
Not just some people out there, but friends--people I love and grew up with,
have asked me in less or more words, not to "speak the name of Jesus, or teach in the name of Jesus"
Their requests break my heart, because like Peter and John,
I cannot be silent.
As the Prophet Nephi states,
"We talk of Christ, we rejoice in Christ,
we preach of Christ, we prophesy of Christ,
and we write according to our prophesies
that our children may know
to what source they may look
for a remission of their sins"
I know Christ lives.
He came, born of divine heritage
He showed us how to live that we might live eternally.
And he atoned for me,
He atoned for you.
Believe it or not, he loves you and he cares about you
You are worthwhile to god
So you are worthwhile to me
I wish for everyone to know to what source they may look
For peace
For Comfort
For Forgiveness
For fulfillment of Joy
For Eternal Life.
No comments:
Post a Comment