This anatomy ultrasound just rocked. I laid there with the tech doing her thing while silently happy tears rolled down my cheeks. I LOVE seeing my baby-I LOVE hearing his heartbeat, and I LOVE knowing I am having a SON.
Earlier this week I was folding clothes-my aunt Renee had sent home a bunch of baby boy and baby girl clothes with me after our short trip to Utah, and I was folding and sorting these said clothes by size/gender, and I thought to myself, "These girls clothes are SO cute, I want a little girl." ...but as I said it, I knew in my heart that this isn't a little girl in my tummy. And at that moment I was a little sad, but then reassured myself that I didn't know and would find out Friday. Well, last night, I had my mind on all the little precious baby boys being born between now and when my son comes, and again I knew, I'm having a boy. And then I wasn't sad, just really really happy. Like tears happy-but tried to downplay it in case I was wrong. So, today's wait till a 3:30 pm appt was torture-just wanting to know/confirm what I knew in my heart. SO happy to hear the tech say "this is a boy." Mothers intuition working all ready eh?
He was moving lots and I also felt him for sure for the first time. I've had moments the last few weeks where I thought maybe I was feeling him move, but, today seeing him move on the screen timed perfectly with little flicks of kicks on my left side where his feet were was sooooooo cool. He has discovered his hands, and likes to throw his head back (to the dismay of the tech who was trying to get a good profile pic with the bridge of his nose in it for the Dr to see/sign off on. Every time he threw his head back it looked like his nose was missing even though we could see it briefly at other moments. And when his head was more relaxed his nose was buried in the placenta. We also saw his tounge flick out once or twice and his fingers curl a few times. But his legs and arms were working. Heart rate was around 138 when she timed that, and all his parts are there and working. Lungs, 4 chambers to the heart, kidneys, legs, arms, brain, major identifiable blood vessels, check check check check check check and check.
As of now, his head is down, which is a happy thought for me-its REALLY low which I hope means it'll just stay and hang out that way (gravity should help this right) because thats where we want it to be when its time for him to enter the world. It also made alot of sense-I've really had to pee, frequently. I don't always have to pee alot, but alot of the time I'm running to the bathroom. Hardly anything comes out, I stand up and before my pants are back on I feel the urge to go again. When this happens I think to myself, SERIOUSLY? But now I know its just little Misters head pushing on the bladder.
No comments:
Post a Comment