Pages

Thursday, November 27, 2014

Thanksgiving 2014

Its been a while since I updated this thing.  I decided what better day to get back on track than the ever wonderful Thanksgiving holiday, so to express my great love and gratitute for the journey that is this life.  As we kick off into the Holiday season, here is what is on my heart and in my mind:

I am so thankful for my Savior Jesus Christ.  I know he lives, loves me, and prepared the way for us to live lives of happiness and peace.  Because of him I can repent-I can make my mistakes right and move forward with hope and faith in the trials that come my way.  I can be joyful in my blessings because no matter how fleeting these moments are-I get the greatest blessing of all.   I have an eternal family.  As I hear of the sadness of the world I do not fear what lies ahead.

I am so thankful for my sweet husband Travis who works so diligently to provide for me and Charley.  Who sacrifices himself in so many ways so that I can be here at home with my angel son.  He is my best friend, and I need to remember to be more like him-a bit more patient, a lot more kind, and content.

I'm thankful for Charley, and the joy he brings my heart.  I am so grateful for the trials experienced in waiting for him to come to our family.  I am more grateful that I get to be his mother-the responsibility to raise him to be a happy and healthy hardworking man is one I pray for divine help with everyday.  His happiness is my happiness, his milestones a celebration.  His sweet face as he snuggles in and cuddles calm him to sleep is just the best thing ever.

I'm thankful for my mom-her sacrifices of self to do whatever is necessary to care for her family are inspiring and a testimony of her love for us and her service to God.

I'm thankful for my loving siblings, and their strengths which always inspire me.

Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments: