Pages

Monday, December 22, 2014

Modern Communication

I just watched a movie called "Everyone's Fine" where a recent widower attempts to gather his grown children together and all of them cancel so he goes across the country by bus and train to visit them all.  The irony is he spent his life working on phone wires, coating them with their protective coating and yet no one talks to him.  They all talk to each other, but he is in the dark.

I am in the dark people.

And while there's some liberation in disconnection, theres also a bit of frustration.

My phone is taking a visit to the phone Dr.  Its stuck in a perpetual boot cycle after a mishap following a mishap.

And so I have a "burner phone" to get me along temporarily, but to try and save on minutes I tried to get in touch with a few people by google hangouts, email, facebook, imessage on the ipad.....I was reaching out to them after they first tried reaching me (through my hubby).  But it proved frustrating.  I got 1 of 3 attempted contacts.  No one uses anything but the regular old text back and forth, or a simple phone call very efficiently.  I just thought that was ironic with all our smart phones, computers, laptops and mobile devices, the simple favorite is the original thing.

Its also Ironic that I was wishing my grandma had something like facebook to catch up on, but now, I have a greater appreciation for a simple phone call.  I call her here shortly.

No comments: