Pages

Sunday, September 27, 2015

I will get the hang of this

So I keep intending to fill the blog with wonderful uplifting funny and or motivational posts about things that we are doing, thoughts I am thinking and such.... But then let's be real, I've been spending a large amount of time just barely not keeping up on the chores and falling behind because #toddler #exhausted #dontfeelgoodever #8weekspreggers  #spilledthebeans #spilledmyguts 

So, here's what our last month has been. 

Charley started nursery.  First week was great.  Every time since then, he gets really emotional and cries.  I don't go back and check on him, and I just walk away.  Idk if that helps or aggravates the problem, but that's how I do nursery.  Like a bandaid he'll learn to love. Travis is pretty good about picking him up after the meetings while I'm finishing up with Young Womens, but I hear through the grapevine that Charley cries a good few minutes then does fine the rest of the time.   But today when I had a second hour meeting to attend, and then he had to be brought back to me with a doozy of a stinky butt and the ladies from my meeting were like "he can be in here if you need" I was all like "no, he's going to nursery.  He'll be fine! I LOVE nursery."  He will learn to love it.  I am determined.  

We had to replace our boiler.  Boo! Never put obscure Korean appliances in your home.  The boiler in our house was brand new in 2009.  It bit the dust.  I'd say it went to boiler heaven, but that thing was miserable and pathetic and I sincerely hope it went to boiler heck. A large loan from travis' parents and we have a new, reliable, never going to quit on us, designed for our baseboard heat system 2000 boiler.  It better last for 50 years or I will cry.  It should also save us on fuel consumption.  That's an exciting thought!  

The first snow of the year came... And is sorta trying to went.  Friday we got about 6+inches of fluffy wet heavy snow, perfect for making snowmen.  But it's been so long since I built one, I really didn't do well at my attempt, so I just attempted to shovel the driveway.  Did I mention it was really heavy wet snow?  Charley kept falling over so we went back inside.  Now it's raining and close to 40* so we are hoping the driveway will clear itself 😁

We got real family photos taken too!  That was super happy!  The weather was perfect the day after our boiler died, and the photographer had a cancellation and asked us if we wanted to move up our session, we said yes, then second guessed ourselves (not having hot water and all) but stuck to the new committed date and time and are soooooo glad we did.  I have to send her my selection, but I can't narrow it down, I love all the photos!  Red photography's person Jamie was my dance student this summer in prep for her wedding, and she was a joy to work with.  




No comments: