It seems as though with the winter solstice nearing, (it happened, I postponed publishing...again!) and the promise of daylight hours increasing, and the new year approaching, that I am feeling the inspiration of newness. We'll meet our sweet baby girl this spring, and the dazzling prospects of a new little life entering ours is finally dawning. The days of nausea are getting fewer and further between (aside from a tremendously terrible bout of gastroenteritis a couple weekends ago) and the general lack of motivation that attends this time of year and these early pregnancy months is dissipating.
I just reached 20 (22 tomorrow) weeks in the Pregnancy. That feels monumental. I can't believe 2015 is nearly at its close and Charley is well on his way to his second birthday-but this pregnancy has only just now reached the halfway point. It has been so slow going while the world manages to race forward at light speed.
Since my last posts were in September, I guess I can go back a little to October. That month we went to Colorado for 2 weeks. It was a much needed break, but unfortunately the motivation to travel was because Travis' grandfather, who we dearly remember as Bumpi, passed away. He was 87. It was about 7 years ago that he suffered a massive heart attack, was revived, but his health never truly recovered. I'm grateful though to the man he was, for the strength and goodness of his and Grami's life. Their legacy of love extends a great deal to part of who my sweet kind Husband is. And Travis really is the best. I'm thankful for all Bumpi's contribution and example to him, and hope that it extends on through to my dear children.
This fall semester I also had the pleasure of attending another great institute class taught by the wonderful Sue Hull. The book we studied from was "Jesus Christ and the everlasting Gospel."
How inspiring and uplifting, to go through his life, his purpose, and reflect on how his mission affects me. We learned of his temptations, but his unwavering obedience. His humble and divine origins, and how they qualified him like no one else to be our Savior. His sacrifice in the garden, and how because of it, he knows us, and we will never be alone in our sorrows and pains. How when we stand at the judgement day, he will advocate to the Father on our behalf-saying "This have I done." Our works do matter, and we should always strive to make our wrongs right, or at least to learn from them and make the better choice next time. But, I think the greatest lesson imprinted on my soul this semester was the eternal nature of our Fathers plan. When we signed up for this life, we knew we would make mistakes. Our father knew we were coming to a fallen world, and that we would be enticed. And that is why he sent Jesus Christ. It was always part of the plan that there would be a savior. The joy and peace that knowing Christ gives my heart is indescribable. He is the light and life of the world. By him the world was created, through him life endures.
I am so grateful to Robert Hull and his willingness to provide childcare to those of us who attend the institute class Wednesday mornings. He is a saint.
A bit of a review of the year in general, as this now feels like its turning into a digital Christmas/new Years letter:
Travis Graduated with his Masters Degree, Computer Science.
Charley and I went to Phoenix with my mom and Elyse and Liam to meet Amanda's new baby Eloise. Got to see Robin, and Grandma Elmer while there.
We are expecting our second baby, found out its a Girl!
We explored other career options for Travis, that would have moved us across the country, but decided we are pretty happy where we are.
I was released from Primary callings, and called to serve in the Young Womens.
Stopped teaching group dance lessons-first time not doing it since 2010. Pretty scary step, but also been the right thing at this time and season of life. Also, no longer helping coach highschool team. Also the right step for this season.
Travis still serving faithfully in Primary, and as stake tech guy, and DJ.
Charley no longer answers "Ess" to everything. But will say no very happily and with great enthusiasm when he means yes.
He also has begun saying "Aye Luh ooo!" (When prompted) as well as "Daddy BES" translation: "Daddy is the best" (When prompted).
He throws and catches balls, does perfect sommersaults, donkey kicks, jumps with two feet into the air, dances in circles in both directions, loves to help unload the dishwasher (we're working on him understanding we only do this when the dishes are clean.....uuuhg!) and loves to be given jobs and markers or pens and paper to sribble with. For the most part, now he understands its not okay to scribble on the couch or the wall or the floor.
Things I want to accomplish this year:
Maintain a Laundry schedule! No more piles on the floor!
Read through the Book of Mormon.
Study my scriptures 30 mins a day.
Maintain my documentation of our family adventures more consistently.
Plant a garden! This one has been on the list for a while, and I'm sick of my own excuses! As much as weather permits me and Charley and our new baby girl are gonna be outside this summer.
Considering the way our family dynamic will be changing with the addition of another child, I think this list is pretty ambitious. Excited to see what the year 2016 will bring!
No comments:
Post a Comment