Pages

Tuesday, February 19, 2013

My buddy boy

Mr Liam is 4 years old tomorrow, his Birthday party is tonight.  He has been such a fun little guy to have around.  The summer my oldest Sister Amanda (Hi Amanda!) Got married, we thought Mom was just tired because she was getting old, and losing sleep over wedding plans.  The week all of us older girls were leaving for school (Jordan and Amanda driving to Utah, Robin to Utah, me to Idaho) Rulon and my mom announced that Mom was officially finnished with her first trimester, and that a baby would be born in February.  Say WHAT!?  And we were all leaving.  I think my pregnant mom, and my boyfriend in Japan is all that my roommates heard about from me that year.

I remember the day we found out he was a he.  I was in the car on I-15 with some of my friends, driving down to Utah, so excited to find out I was going to have a baby BROTHER!  Then there was the day he was born, anxiously waiting the phone call that said he was here, jealousy that Robin was there, tenderness at the pictures sent, he looked like Rulon from the start.  I got the news when leaving my Nurtirition class.

Then, the 6 week wait to meet him-and finally, I was home, and baby boy was sleeping.  I called him bubby.  He was so small, and soft.  Loved being held by his mommy.

He still loves to cuddle, has a bit of a tender spirit.  He is easily hurt, but easily forgives.  Always tells us how much he loves us, randomly in the middle of the day.  And, he gives the biggest wettest kisses I've ever seen from a little person, and the tightest squeezes for hugs.  I love my buddy boy!

This year leading up to his Birthday, he insisted it was on February 4th, when I told him his birthday was the 20th, he would get really upset.  I hate to say I laughed, and sometimes asked him and told him just to see his reaction.  He calls Ravens, "rasins" and can entertain himself for hours on end with the simplest toys (Markers have become people battling eachother)   HE's got an endless array of sound effects, and a big heart for friends.   At gymnastics he loves to get his stamps on the bottom of his feet, and always is quick to make his teacher laugh.  He's developing quite the sense of humor, and is a great comedian.  























Love my buddy boy, my baby Brother!



No comments: