Pages

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

One Month and One Day

That is the amount of time that has passed since Travis and I knelt across the alter in the temple of the Lord and promised to eachother and to God to honor and cherish and love one another for time and all eternity.  :)  I'm really happy, next weekend I'm going to my cousin Nicole's wedding in the Anchorage Temple and I get to hear all over again the sealing covenants, and endowment covenants. I've only been through each once-and as soon as I was out of there I knew I had gained alot, but also missed so much of it.  I can't wait to go back.  And then next month our friends Stephen and Kendra are also getting married in Anchorage, and we'll be going to that for them as well.  I'm so excited!

As for us, our month has been great.  When we got back from the wedding and family visiting, we stayed at Travis' parents house (in North Pole) for a week while they were still traveling and visiting family.  During that week we got the paperwork and things in order for moving into our apartment in Fairbanks, just 1.8 Miles from Campus where Travis goes to class and works, and 2.8 Miles from the downtown UAF community and Technical College where all my classes are.  Its pretty sweet being so central to everything.  I thought my mom and Rulons house was central, nothing beats this spot.  Anyways, now that we've been in our apartment for almost a month, its really starting to feel like home.  I had releif society sisters come over today and chat so I got the place cleaned up from alot of the junk that was left over from moving, and I got a few more things on the walls.  Here's some pictures for your enjoyment of the Payton Pad!

This is the nest.  We had an air mattress, it died, the nest it composed of an inch thick foam pad, a sleeping bag, and several extra blankets for padding.  Our 10 inch memory foam queen size is on its way to Fred Meyers though, they gave us a rain check cuz their matresses didn't come in in time for their sale that we got the rain check for.  Yay savings!

The Bathroom.  Did you pray sign-Girls Camp suvenier.  Japaneese Panels-gifts from exchange student.  One says Sexe Masculine, the other says Sexe Femine.  Japanglish.  Fun stuff.

The Futon and projector.  As well as the printer sitting atop the messy desk (purposefully and artistically left out of the cameras veiw finder-sorry its blurry!)

Our Japan Wall.  Travis served his mission there, and then went on exchange there again and will get one of his degrees in Japaneese Studies.  I think we should have a dance wall of mirrors and install some hard wood floors.  If only.....

Our curtains.  Sorry again about the blurries.  Curtains are great easy way to make a bare room homey-these were the first things up.

Our entry way-I'm happy with it.

The dining room table.  We really have two placemats, but the table doesn't really fit both of them, so they're the platform for our centerpeice-a set of stacking turtle shells that are actually measuring cups.  Thanks Bobin!

The wall we watch movies on.  note, lightsaber and stylish cubicles.

Thats pretty much it.  The kitchen is pretty tiny, but it works jsut fine for us.  We love the time we've had together and the blessing and opourtunity to have our own place.  Till next time, love you all lots!

-Melanie and Travis!

No comments: