Anyways, in honor of our moms on Mothers day, let me tell you about them.
My mom, LeaAnne Elmer Johnson Jensen is a woman of great strength and testimony. She is a super hard worker and very talented musician and seamstress. I realized earlier this year that she has always worked at least part time her entire life in order to provide for her family. I remember her early morning paper routes as a child, and her dedication to school after my father passed away, and her graduation and current career as an accountant. In addition she's always up to something at home, trying to keep up with her children, feeding us and guiding us and setting a wonderful example of faith and enduring to the end. Shes just wonderful.
Travis's mom is a talented chef, and enjoys nothing more than having her family gathered round. She has a big heart and from the moment I met her has made me feel like part of the family. She's always been a comfort and a constant in travis life, a "refuge" of safety and has created a safe and beautiful home he has always wanted to be in. And one thing Travis knows more certain than anything else is his mothers love for him. That love she shows has transcended and become a legacy of love which is evident in the love felt and known and shared by all his family. It really is a special feeling of care and concern and kindness that I hope to create within my own family as Travis and I establish ours.
We are truly blessed to have such exemplary women as our mothers who have a wealth of love and guidance. I look forward to the years ahead as Travis and I expect to become parents (Sorry, there really is no other way of saying it, but I promise, we're not expecting anything...yet!)

No comments:
Post a Comment