![]() |
| Beautiful Mountains, can you spot Denali? Can't wait till green takes over! |
Today is Travis' last Saturday working, I'm so excited! I'm really hoping I don't have to do any Saturdays for my externship this summer, cuz I want to spend those days soaking up the sun on nice canoe rides, hikes, afternoons going places and doing stuff. ya know? Just a couple of days ago we went out and played Frisbee Golf all over Campus, it was pretty fun. We plan to do that a bunch as well.
Travis and I will both have summer courses, but those are for the first 6 week and only monday-thursday. Second half of the summer we'll both be working full time, but he's gonna get paid for his work. I'm just building up hours towards my certification...which reminds me I still need to apply as a member of the American Association of Medical Assistants and for my exam at the end of the summer and for my graduation certificate.
We are also very excited for the end of June and begginning of July. We both will have family visiting. I'm not exactly sure when Amanda and Jordan come, but either way they'll jsut be down the road from us, and for about a week at the start of July Travis' sisters and neices and nephews are all going to be here visiting! We're so excited. We have a train ride to Denali planned where we'll then stay the night and do some camping and hiking. Should be TONS of fun. I also can't wait for the midnight sun run. For those who don't know what that is, its a 10k "race" that weaves all around town. It always happens the 3rd Saturday in June, and is to celebrate summer solstice and the longest day of the year. Here in Alaska, with 24 hr Sunlight, that of course means that our race starts at 10:00 at night. Its bright as noon out. People line the streets with their lawn chairs and hoses and sprinklers, and watch the participants go. Why would anyone sit outside and watch this for a couple of hours? Well, the Midnight Sun Run also has a costume contest. And you get some pretty crazy costumes. I havn't participated in that in a couple years and I'm getting the itch. I've also never dressed up, and I think it would be fun to.....but as I'm still trying to convince Travis to sign up with me, probably won't throw the costume Idea at him...

No comments:
Post a Comment