Pages

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

1 year update

So, I realized I haven't been very regular, and one of my friends gave an overall life status update on here which inspired me to do the same.   So,

Melanie And Travis Payton as of March 2012

Been Married 1 whole year
Madly in love
To settle any rumors:  Not expecting.  Just because I pin stuff into a maternity board on pintrest does not mean I'm pregnant.  I just am looking forward to that happening.  We'll tell you when it does happen, of that you can be sure.  Cross my heart hope to die.  The maternity pin board is just a matter of day dreaming and gathering cool ideas for the future.

Travis is in his last semester of school as far as Bachelor Degree's are concerned.  I finished my Associates in December.  We will walk together in May.

Travis has applied to a Job at UAF which we are crossing our fingers for.  If he gets it, we will be here another few years and while he works he intends to get his masters degree (Tuition program for UAF employees-can you say fantastic idea?).

If Travis gets the Job here, and the tuition assistance program that comes with it, I am considering more school, maybe to become an RN, however, I'm quite happy with my Associates and accomanying CMA (AAMA) certification.  School sounds nice, the additional credentials sound nice, but the homework is still too fresh a thing in my memory.  I don't know if I'm ready for it again!

This was our first breakfast as Husband And Wife :)
I'm working at Tanana Valley Clinic, a Banner Health Facility.  I started in August in the Orthopedics department.  Was moved to OBGYN in October, and since February have been learning the world of Dermatology due to a staffing change with my provider being moved to the First Care walk-in clinic.  Don't know where my home department will be-Manager says she'll have an answer for me by April.  Dermatology has been an adventure, but in many ways a good thing for me.  I had to take on a lot more than I was used to which really kinda whipped me and my career into shape.  I feel like I can tackle anything and learn everything they can throw at me after handling such a crazy schedule as Dr Soto's (she's the Dermatologist).  You see, there hasn't been a dermatologist in TVC ever, that I know of, and in Town there are only two others.  She's very booked, very good, and very busy.  

Everyone, wear your sunscreen!!!
Avoid tanning beds!!!
I've had to help with far too many skin cancer excisions.  
All skin cancers are pretty much 100% preventable.
They attack all skin types.

Travis still serving the church as a Priesthood teacher, Stake Technology Specialist, and stake DJ for youth Dances.  I get to do that last one with him, and I serve still as Primary Chorister, Activity Days leader, and substitute Seminary Teacher.
Tibbs wedding

Chena Lakes with Jensen/Johnson side
Life is just grand.  I find myself looking forward to slower days ahead, but I don't think they're coming very soon, so for now, still full steam ahead!
Last Summer, canoeing at Chena Lakes

We love you and miss you and hope this update finds you healthy and well.

Family Reunion last summer with Payton side
4th of July 
Dancing with the Fairbanks Stars



Blueberry picking with Jensens
4th of July with Payton side
Seminary object lesson



Salmon bake with Jensens



Turtle club with Paytons

Our First Christmas


We inherited my mom's old tree.  Its older than me, but I love it!


Done with school


My Friend Laura is going on a mission, I went with her  and her family for her endowments


Pirates at the youth "swiss family robinson" dance

2 comments:

Robin said...

Dermatology! Yay! Does this mean if I come visit and I need a cortisone injection, you can give me one?

Melanie said...

I can administer local anesthesias, assist with excisions of skin cancers and biopsies, treat psoriasis, vitiligo, precancerous aktinic keratosis and acne with Light Therapy, treat hyperhidrosis with iontophoresis (basically electrocute sweaty armpits to make them stop sweating so much) and I assume, if the Dr told me to, I could give you cortisone injections. We haven't really done that yet though, what do you get them for?