This may totally bore you, but successful organization projects thrill me. Mostly, I love when my ideas work, that makes me happy and eager to share the wonderfulness with everyone else.
Here's the down-low:
I bought myself a desk today. I know, I know "Melanie your apartment is so tiny, where are you going to put anything else? There's no room for more furniture!"
That's because I have the wrong furniture. I've been trying to function by doing my crafts and planning and homework (Yea, just cuz your done with school doesn't mean your done with life, its literally the work that is done for the home like mail and yadda yadda) all from the futon, the teeny tiny kitchen table, the bed, the old high council room chairs, the shelves.....
I've been a bit disorganized and scattered, and, therefore, ridiculously messy.
It occurred to me recently, that maybe an organized desk/place to address/store everything I need would help solve my problem. Instead of throwing mail on the table, or on Travis' desk where it will never again be found, I should have a desk.
This thinking began after our RS activity. I went to a workshop about organizing, and she had a system to keep track of chores that was almost the exact same system I had used at work, in OBGYN to keep track of abnormal PAP smears. Strange? Sorta, but it clicked. The principles of organization which I use at work can totally work for me at home. I have set up the furniture tonight, but tomorrow after work, and dance class, I'm totally gonna own the home work station and organize like a fiend.
Goals with this desk:
Central place to store craft supplies (for Singing time projects, activity day projects, personal projects ect) This will free up the book shelves to do what they were meant to do, hold BOOKS. Imagine that.
Moving some books from one shelf to the other will allow me to get rid of an old shelf that is falling apart. And, yay, therefore, decrease clutter (cuz it just collects junk in the extra spaces.
IN BOX and an OUT BOX, wonderfully simple system to managing mail and general paperwork. I can't believe I haven't done this yet.
Organize the gunk thats been piling up on the chairs, and well, get rid of the extra chairs.
Have a functional place to plan and prepare for my callings, my dance buisiness, my work matters, and personal agendas.
SO EXCITED! As my good friend Krystal says, I promise, this is LIFE CHANGING!
No comments:
Post a Comment