Pages

Sunday, March 18, 2012

I want a real honeymoon.

I must admit, when I found out the LHS dance team was headed to Hawaii to preform at the Polynesian Culture Center, I was pretty jealous.  I mean, last year they preformed at Disney World in Florida.  And when I was on team, we went to Utah.  Granted, that was an awesome oppoutunity to be introduced into the world of Ballroom and we got to preform in a competition-it wasn't anything tropical or relaxing.

Which seeing some of the pictures the current team members have posted to facebook got me thinking about how long its been since I went on a REAL vacation.

Did you know my honeymoon was 2 nights in a hotel room and then 5 or so nights on the basement floor of my sister in laws house?

I want a cruise or tropical gettaway, and I want it soon.

So my dear readers, knowing that these trips happen few and far between, what romantic or fun and relaxing tropical destinations have you made it to?  Where do you reccomend?  What do you NOT reccomend?

3 comments:

Lois said...

My husband and I once spent Christmas on a barrier island off the coast of South Carolina. We saw deer, dolphins, horseshoe crabs; searched for shells and shark teeth; and ate tons of fresh seafood. It was great!

Erin Evans said...

I want a real honeymoon too! Somewhere nice and warm and sunny!!

Melanie said...

The Barrier ISland does sound great! And Erin, my next trip is for Colorado and Oklahoma, sunny, warm and full of people I know/need to meet, which will be fun, but I also want to add to my honeymoon criteria that I wanna go somewhere warm, sunny and where Travis and I don't know anyone!