Update: Travis and I bought a car. Brand Spanking New Subaru Legacy. Our little old Subaru Legacy postal died on Monday as I was leaving Dance. Travis is determined though to get it fixed-if its a big expensive project he wants to do it himself to save money and take time over the course of the summer to fix it. We just LOVED that legacy, and it sure did take care of us. I'm awed that it lasted as long as it did. I truly am humbled, I know it had no reason to work through all winter and then go caput with these warmer temperatures. I think we had unseen angels of mercy making it start all winter. I know Heavenly Father really has provided, and though we're not by any means rich and famous, we are able with Travis' new job to afford this car-it has a fantastic warranty and so we know that with it being new, either it will take care of us or the dealership will. We see ourselves in it for a good many years to come. :)
As for that little foreshadow: you heard it right. TRAVIS GOT THE JOB! He is the new Information Technology Training Specialist and Consultant at UAF. Pretty spiffy. Training has commenced, and his degree graduation is in sight!
I'm still in Dermatology. I don't know if I ever gave that update or not....I forget. But in February my provider Ms Emily Auker ANP went back to work at TVC's 1st Care walk in clinic. We were both bummed, and I volunteered to learn Dermatology. I've almost been in Derm 2 months now, and I've really grown to love it (after all the drama that went down begining of March I was really iffy). The latest word there though is that I will be moving back to work in OBGYN following Dr Hess!!! I'm pretty excited about that. He's a very well respected and well known Obstetrician in Fairbanks. He delivered Elyse, and he has delivered multiple generations within some families in the community. Very good at what he does, kind, humerous, and patient. I look forward to working with him very much. I'll have a unique experience there actually as I will be sharing his load with an RN named Catherine. She is still in school, and I prefer part time schedules, so it will work out nicely for both of us. I am excited.
Otherwise, all else is about the same. But the car thing is pretty exciting, its our first big purchase together. Next thing on our list is a house! Sweet! We would love to be putting money towards a mortage rather than rent ASAP, but it will probably have to wait a bit longer. :-P Upward and onward!
For your veiwing pleasure: 6 wheel drive!
Its from Monster's Inc. And we feel much like sully in this part:
No comments:
Post a Comment