Pages

Friday, July 29, 2011

You gotta start somewhere....

I am just some paperwork and an exam away from becoming a Certified Medical Assistant. I'm two classes away from an associates DEGREE. Love that word. I guess, now that I have completed my time as the extern, I'm now a Medical Assistant. I've got a job interview on Tuesday.

If you know anything about Orthopedics, got some stories or experiences, I would love to hear them. All I know about Ortho is that it deals with the musculoskeletal and nervous system, and that supposedly there's alot of wound care, dressing changes and the like. A Patient today talked about his time as an EMT and apparently, Bone chiseling is part of the Orthopedics department? Really? I'm hearing lots of stuff, is that because Ortho deals with lots of stuff? Or is everyone confused? I'm definitely confused. Ortho is what my job application is for. Please, any stories or experiences which would help me to get a better idea of what the department is all about, why patients would be seen there or you or a friend have been seen there would be much appreciated!

Disclaimer, I'm applied to ortho because it was that or urology. And, pretty much any department, I'd be just as unfamiliar with. I think though, that I will learn lots and have a grand time in ortho. Its not peds, but hey, maybe its better?

Follow up on the bird chatter I mentioned before, Peds can't open a position for an MA because they have to have the RN's for Triage. That is all.

No comments: