Pages

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Lori's 2 Pie Crust Recipe

Love Lori!
And before I loose the recipe, I want to put it on here (so I can put it in my recipe collection later)

Makes 2 DELICIOUS pie crusts.

2 1/2 c Flour
1/2 tsp Salt
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/2 c shortening
1/2 c butter
1/2 c cold water

In Large Bowl:
   Combine flour, salt, and aking powder.  Mix, and remove 1/2 c of flour mixture to small bowl, set aside.  Cut in shortening and butter.

In small bowl, pour water into the 1/2 c flour mixture, and mix till no longer lumpy.  Now, combine this with contents of large bowl, and mix till it forms a loose ball.

Knead on floured counter 1 or twice then roll out to desired size.  Trim edges and bake empty @ 350 for 12 mins, or fill and bake according to recipe.


Enjoy!

No comments: