Pages

Thursday, June 16, 2011

Parmesan Broiled Tilapia

This is our newest family favorite.  It was easy, and fast, made a very small mess (because I lined the pan with tinfoil)

Ingredients:

1/2 cup  Parmesan Cheese
1/4 cup  Butter
  3  Tbs  Mayonnaise
  2  Tbs  Lemon Juice
1/4  tsp   basil
1/4  tsp   black pepper
1/8  tsp  onion powder
1/8  tsp  celery salt
  2   lbs    tillapia (spell?)

Directions:
First, preheat broiler, grease pan or line with tin foil (Hint, super easy clean up with tin foil!)
Next, mix in a small bowl the Parmesan, butter, mayo, and lemon juice.  Then season this with basil, black pepper, onion powder, celery salt.   Set this aside.
Now arrange the fillets into a single layer on pan, broil them a few inches from heat for 2-3 minutes, flip fillets and broil another couple of minutes.
Remove fillets from oven, and cover with parmesan mixture on the top side.  Broil untill golden brown.

Enjoy!


***Note, I didn't have celery salt, used regular salt.  Also, I added a sprinkle of garlic powder because I love garlic.  And, I served it over noodles with butter/more parmesan (what can I say, I'm cheesy!).  DELICIOUS!

Travis couldn't stop saying "Wow"  and "This is SO good"  I think he was shocked I could cook...we've done alot of hamburger helper and chicken Alfredo, there's not alot of flavor in those, so this was a very nice, easy, flavorful change.  We'll definitely be eating this again and again.

No comments: