Kinda felt like this guy:
However, a bit of good news,
Its been over a MONTH since I have needed an inhaler.
Thought I would share this fabulous bit of news.
Let it be known to all asthmatics out there,
Hope is out there!
Really, it started because I just never got around to calling the pharmacy and refilling it, but it turns out that by doing so, and not wanting to pay the pharmacy, I've been a better Advair patient. Advair is a preventative medicine. It actually contains two medicines, a bronchiodialtor (opens the airways) and a steroid (reduces inflamation and helps airway stay open). I DON'T reccomend others follow my footsteps, in fact I've really been testing my luck, and I need to call the pharmacy right now to get an inhaler for rescue purposes. I just can't beleive I've done it. There have been a few times when I realized that an inhaler would be smart thing to have on me during this past month, but I sat it out, and have usually gotten better. This is a 180 degree turnaround from the last 16 years of my life, and I attribute it to my allergy shots. They've helped me understand peak flow meters, and how my allergies and my asthma are related. More than that, I think they've just made me more aware and dedicated to taking care of my bronchial health. FANTABULOUS.

No comments:
Post a Comment